Tuesday, June 4, 2013

What digital camera drains the least battery power?

Question by malk e: What digital camera drains the least battery power?
I am looking for a new digital camera. My only requirement is that the camera does not kill your batteries so quickly. I have a Samsung 5.0, that stupid camera is terrible. I take like 6 pics, and the batteries are dead. Then I had to recharge them again. I hate walking around with chargers and with 3 pairs of different batteries. And if I use regular batteries, they died even sooner


Best answer:

Answer by Wibble
I have a digital rebel XT. It's an 8mp DSLR. I can take well over 300 shots on one charge and it charges real fast too. The only thing is that I use an external flash, which helps conserve the camera's battery. The picture quality is excellent though. Very happy with it. Like Dr Sam mentioned. IT's the LCD viewer people use that drains the batteries too.



Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. I have a Sony CyberShot with 7.2 Megapixels, and I swear the battery lasts and lasts and lasts before I have to recharge it. We took an almost month long vacation and I only had to charge it one time, and it got lots of use. Right now I carry it in my purse all the time to use frequently, and I haven't charged it in well over a month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Large LCD viewfinders eat batteries. It seems nice to have a big LCD monitor, but hey are power hungry. You will have to do what you can to turn the thing off as soon as you don't need it any longer. Set it to shut off at the shortest possible innterval after you take the picture. Set it so that it doesn't not display unless you tap the shutter button to wake it up. Even this will not go a long way towards conserving batteries.

    Consumer Reports for November 2006 has ranked the Canon Powershot A620 as the best compact digital camera. It is becoming almost a legend for longevity at the top of various consumer lists. It looks like this model has been replaced by the A630, which I would expect to be just as popular. The A640 appears quite similar and shares the "600" series numbering, so I guess it's just another upgraded version of the now-classic A620. It looks pretty much the same except for being a 10 MP camera.

    The A620 was rated about twice as good as any as far a battery life. I hope the A630 and A640 are just as good. Use Energizer e2 LITHIUM batteries and you will be happy with battery life.

    At least if you have trouble with running down batteries, you can go into any store and buy some "AA" alkaline batteries and get back to business. This won't be a problem, though.

    ReplyDelete